Righteousness by Faith
Righteousness
by Faith and Victory
over Sin
are phrases I have often heard and thought I understood.
So why was I not experiencing the complete
Victory???
What was missing for me was
the HOW.
I needed a blueprint, a road map, a step-by-step illustration as to how this all works.
“Just trust in Jesus”, “Give it all to Him”... Ok, but HOW. How does one surrender the heart and give their
will over to God in a way that allows Him to come in and remove sin? What does that really
look like? What does God do to make that happen and what do I do in the process? I needed practical answers to truly understand.
I
believe many others do too. I’ve seen
some give up on the idea of victory over sin with statements such as: We will just be sinning our whole lives but if we believe in Jesus, His blood will cover
us. Is this true? Is it partially
true? Is something missing?
One thing I knew for sure is that I did not wish to be a lukewarm Christian:
Jesus said: "I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. Because you say, 'I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing'-and DO NOT KNOW that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked- I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and REPENT. Behold I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I WILL COME IN to him and dine with him, and he with me. To him who OVERCOMES I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. Revelation 3:15-21.
How do I hear God's voice? How do I open the door? (what does that even mean?). How does one overcome? Was God giving us an unattainable dream
when He said he could make us free from sin, prevent us from stumbling, and provide a way of escape for us when tempted? (Romans 6:15-18, Jude 1:24, 1 Corinthians 10:13).
I’ve recently come to believe that we CAN have VICTORY OVER SIN. The video seminar below on Righteousness by Faith
presented by Margaret Davis helped me to discover the missing pieces of the
puzzle; how Righteousness by Faith works
and how God comes into us to give us the power to be like Christ. I just happened to stumble
upon the seminar one day while on YouTube. As you know there is a lot
of junk on YouTube, but I was impressed to check out the first video and quickly I
could tell that the Holy Spirit was working through the presenter. I suggest that you prayerfully watch all 6 of
the videos, study this out, and let the Holy Spirit lead. In them I learned practical answers to my questions and the assurance that victory is attainable if we so choose.
![]() |
| Graphic by Margaret Davis |
Video 1 Video 2 Video 3 Video 4 Video 5 Video 6


