Morning Power Juice
This juice is a morning favorite. I feel energized each time I drink it. It starts my day out full of hydration and nourishment. This particular juice recipe is called a Lemon Ginger Blast. I first heard of this healthy concoction from Lou Corona who has been into health and raw foods for over 40 years.
God has blessed us with such a bounty of wonderful fruits, vegetables, herbs, and roots. All of which contain properties that we can use to obtain and maintain optimal health. And God said, "See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food" (Genesis 1:29).
The Ingredients:

Cilantro - 1 full bunch. High in vitamins A & K. Cilantro supports detoxification of the body and the immune system. The leaves are high in antioxidant properties. The chlorophyll in the greens also helps to oxygenate the body.
Parsley - 1 full bunch. Parsley is anti-inflammatory and is high in antioxidants, vitamins A, C, K & Folate. Do you normally only see parsley on the side of your plate as a garnish? Juicing it is a good way to get these nutrients in you. Parsley is a great breath freshener also.
Mint - 1 handful. Delicious!!! I sometimes cannot find fresh mint. A substitute I use is 1 drop of Young Living's peppermint essential oil*. Mint is great for supporting heathy digestion. An interesting fact about mint is that the Bible reports that offerings of mint were often brought to the temple as tithe (Matthew 23:23).
Apples - 2-3. They provide sweetness to this juice as well as pectin, a soluble fiber. Apples support a healthy digestive system. I juice 3 apples because I enjoy a sweeter juice.
Sustain me with cakes of raisins, Refresh me with apples... (Song of Solomon 2:5).
Ginger root - 1-3 inch piece. Ginger is known for its anti-inflammatory benefits. It is also commonly used for digestive issues like nausea.
Pepper (hot) - 1 small piece. The original recipe calls for a whole habanero pepper, which makes the juice quite spicy. It stimulates blood flow and has anti-parasitic properties. I opt for a small piece of the pepper. If I can't find habaneros, I will use another type of hot pepper. This time I used a serrano pepper.
Lemon - 1 (juice the rind also if it is organic). Lemons are alkaline forming in the body and are high in vitamin C. They are an immune system builder and detoxifier. I did not have fresh lemon available but a couple of weeks ago I bought some organic lemons on sale and juiced them. The lemon juice was frozen in ice cube trays. I added 2 cubes of frozen lemon juice.
Another option it to use a drop of Young Living's lemon essential oil*.
Turmeric root - 1-3 inch piece. Turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory effects. This was another item I did not have on hand. However, I did have some dried turmeric powder which I added.
Apples, celery, hot peppers, and cucumbers are on the dirty dozen list (meaning they are high in pesticides if not organic). I recommend juicing all organic produce, but these items especially need to be organic.
If you don't have all of the ingredients, don't worry. Use what you have, the fresh juice will still benefit you. Make substitutions as you need.
I like to drink this juice fresh from the juicer, in the morning, and before eating any other food in order to receive the enzymes and let my body absorb all of the nutrients it can. It also helps to stimulate my digestive system. This recipe will make a full 32 ounces which I usually drink myself. This day my husband wanted some and we split it.
* Please note that not all essential oils are able to be taken internally. I recommend Young Living's essential oils because they are pure. If you are interested in learning more about the essential oils or how to obtain them contact me at beverlyyoungliving@gmail.com
God has blessed us with such a bounty of wonderful fruits, vegetables, herbs, and roots. All of which contain properties that we can use to obtain and maintain optimal health. And God said, "See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food" (Genesis 1:29).
The Ingredients:

Cilantro - 1 full bunch. High in vitamins A & K. Cilantro supports detoxification of the body and the immune system. The leaves are high in antioxidant properties. The chlorophyll in the greens also helps to oxygenate the body.
Parsley - 1 full bunch. Parsley is anti-inflammatory and is high in antioxidants, vitamins A, C, K & Folate. Do you normally only see parsley on the side of your plate as a garnish? Juicing it is a good way to get these nutrients in you. Parsley is a great breath freshener also.
Celery - About 6-7 stalks. Celery has been used to support healthy blood pressure. It is also high in vitamin C.
Apples - 2-3. They provide sweetness to this juice as well as pectin, a soluble fiber. Apples support a healthy digestive system. I juice 3 apples because I enjoy a sweeter juice.
Sustain me with cakes of raisins, Refresh me with apples... (Song of Solomon 2:5).
Cucumbers - 1 whole cucumber.
Cucumbers are refreshing and hydrating.
Ginger root - 1-3 inch piece. Ginger is known for its anti-inflammatory benefits. It is also commonly used for digestive issues like nausea.
Pepper (hot) - 1 small piece. The original recipe calls for a whole habanero pepper, which makes the juice quite spicy. It stimulates blood flow and has anti-parasitic properties. I opt for a small piece of the pepper. If I can't find habaneros, I will use another type of hot pepper. This time I used a serrano pepper.
Lemon - 1 (juice the rind also if it is organic). Lemons are alkaline forming in the body and are high in vitamin C. They are an immune system builder and detoxifier. I did not have fresh lemon available but a couple of weeks ago I bought some organic lemons on sale and juiced them. The lemon juice was frozen in ice cube trays. I added 2 cubes of frozen lemon juice.
Another option it to use a drop of Young Living's lemon essential oil*.
Turmeric root - 1-3 inch piece. Turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory effects. This was another item I did not have on hand. However, I did have some dried turmeric powder which I added.
Apples, celery, hot peppers, and cucumbers are on the dirty dozen list (meaning they are high in pesticides if not organic). I recommend juicing all organic produce, but these items especially need to be organic.
If you don't have all of the ingredients, don't worry. Use what you have, the fresh juice will still benefit you. Make substitutions as you need.
I like to drink this juice fresh from the juicer, in the morning, and before eating any other food in order to receive the enzymes and let my body absorb all of the nutrients it can. It also helps to stimulate my digestive system. This recipe will make a full 32 ounces which I usually drink myself. This day my husband wanted some and we split it.
* Please note that not all essential oils are able to be taken internally. I recommend Young Living's essential oils because they are pure. If you are interested in learning more about the essential oils or how to obtain them contact me at beverlyyoungliving@gmail.com







